Thursday, October 15, 2015

Sobriety: 30 years

Stillness by Michael Sprouse


Ich komme aus meinen Schwingen heim -by Rainier Maria Rilke

I come home from the soaring in which I lost myself.
I was song, and the refrain which is God
is still roaring in my ears.

Now I am still
and plain:
no more words.

To the others I was like a wind:
I made them shake.
I’d gone very far, as far as the angels,
and high, where light thins into nothing.

But deep in the darkness is God.


-from Rilke's Book of Hours – Love Poems to God



As I have since this blog's inception, on the day of my sobriety anniversary I publish this treasured Rilke poem, but with a new image each year.
.

2 comments:

Fireblossom said...

Congratulations, my sister in sobriety!!! :-)

Rob-bear said...

Delightful news. May it always be so.

ShareThis

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails